Essential oils can also be used for massages because of their therapeutic properties. Their concentration requires them to always be diluted in base oils in a given ratio, because when applied in pure form on the skin they can cause irritation or allergic reactions. For a stronger and better effect you can combine several essential oils.
The biologically active components in essential oils effectively increase physical activity. They help to cope with muscle pain, warm the muscles, relieve tension, increase flexibility, elasticity and plasticity, strengthen joints and ligaments (type of connective tissue).
Basil essential oil, for example, is a powerful antispasmodic, muscle relaxant, analgesic (painkiller) and is used effectively to treat sports injuries such as bruises and contusions. Due to its analgesic properties, it is widely used in the treatment of painful muscle strains, muscle-, joint-, arthritis- and rheumatic pain, stiff and painful joints, neck and back pain.
Massages with essential oils have a direct impact on the emotional state, as they affect the nervous system. In addition, essential oils have antiseptic and antibacterial action. Massages with essential oils, in addition to a beneficial effect on the emotional state, also have a positive effect on the physique.
Why should you choose a massage with essential oils?
• Promotes general well-being and balance
• Reduces tension, stress and anxiety
• Promotes a sense of calmness
• Relieves pain, muscle tension and cramps
• Improves the condition of injuries and bruises
• Helps to breathe better
• Reduces inflammation
• Stimulate metabolism in the musculoskeletal system
• Normalizes blood circulation
• Helps with arthritis and joint pain
• Nourishes and hydrates the skin
• Helps to remove scars and blemishes on the skin
• Reduces stretch marks
• Has a positive effect on various skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema and acne
• Restores the natural balance in the skin and slows down the aging process
Today, massages with essential oils are a popular method for deep relaxation, dealing with health problems and improving the overall well-being of the body and mind. They are a great way to integrate the health benefits and advantages of massage itself with the therapeutic properties of essential oils.